An official website of the United States government

 Certification of True Copies of Documents

Occasionally, we receive requests to certify true copies of educational transcripts or diplomas, bank statements, court documents, or other such official records.

Unfortunately, our offices cannot certify true copies of documents.  Such requests should usually be addressed to the office which issued the document in question.  For example, certified true copies of academic records should be requested from the registrar of the institution that originally issued them.

Certified Photocopy

The U.S. Consulate also can make certified true copies of documents for use in the United States.  For example, the U.S. Consulate can make a certified true copy of a Pakistani passport for submission with Form W-7 to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).