Location: Announced gathering points for the planned demonstration include, but are not limited to, areas near the U.S. Consulate General in Karachi.
Event: The demonstration is expected to take place on October 8 beginning at 3:00 p.m. The groups intend to protest the United States government. Recent protests have encountered a strong police/security force presence. Due to the demonstration, public access to the U.S. Consulate General Karachi may be reduced or restricted. If you are a U.S. citizen and need consular assistance from U.S. Consulate General Karachi on October 8, please email ACSKarachi@state.gov.
Monday, October 11 is a U.S. federal holiday, and the U.S. Consulate General will be closed to the public. Normal operations will resume Tuesday, October 12.
The U.S. Consulate General reminds U.S. citizens to avoid large gatherings as well as unnecessary travel and to remain vigilant of their surroundings.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Always have your identity documents with you.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Pakistan Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates