Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) is planning a demonstration relating to Gaza on Sunday, November 19 at 12:00 PM. The demonstration is expected to take place in Lahore near the Muslim Town neighborhood between Punjab University and Barkat Market. Several thousand participants are expected, which could temporarily lead to road closures and cause traffic delays/detours in the area. We encourage U.S. citizens to avoid large gatherings and always remain vigilant of their surroundings.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of large public gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Carry identification and cooperate with police.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444