Location: Liaquat Bagh, Rawalpindi to Faizabad Intersection, Islamabad
Event: A large demonstration by the Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan (TLP) is expected in Islamabad and Rawalpindi on Sunday, November 25, 2018, from mid-morning until evening.
Past demonstrations have resulted in altercations among protestors to which police have responded. Expect heavy police presence to maintain public safety, blocked and/or heavily congested roadways, possible cellular service disruption, delays at security check points, and possible violence.
U.S. Embassy personnel are instructed to avoid the areas of demonstration.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations
- Avoid crowds
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Monitor local media for updates
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter