Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) is planning a demonstration to show solidarity with the people of Palestine on Sunday, November 5 at 11:00 am. The demonstration will commence in Faizabad, Rawalpindi and is likely to finish at the Express Intersection, Jinnah Avenue, near the Red Zone, which includes the area of federal government buildings, the diplomatic enclave and the U.S. Embassy, and international hotels. There will likely be several thousand participants with traffic delays/detours as roads could be temporarily closed in the area. We encourage U.S. citizens to limit unnecessary travel on Sunday, November 5, as well as to avoid large gatherings and always remain vigilant of their surroundings.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the areas of large public gatherings.
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile.
· Carry identification and cooperate with police.
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates