- City of Islamabad, Pakistan
- The Grand Trunk Road between Jhelum and Islamabad, Pakistan
Event: Between August 30 and August 31, 2018, Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) party members and supporters intend to march toward Islamabad from Jhelum via the Grand Trunk Road. Demonstrations may take place in Islamabad as early as 1700 August 30 and may continue throughout the next day or longer. Police have installed security measures near the Serena Hotel in Islamabad.
In anticipation of protests in Islamabad, locally employed U.S. government personnel have been authorized to take liberal leave August 30 and August 31.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter