Event: Demonstrations in Pakistan
Traffic disruptions and demonstrations may occur throughout Pakistan on Friday afternoon, October 13 to Sunday, October 15. The U.S. Embassy and Consulates remain open for services. Some personnel movements will be restricted or altered. We strongly encourage U.S. citizens to limit unnecessary travel on Friday afternoon, October 13, as well as to avoid large gatherings and remain vigilant of their surroundings at all times.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of large public gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Carry identification and cooperate with police.
- S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
Contact: Islamabad or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
Contact: Karachi or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
Contact: Lahore or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- Contact: Peshawar or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter