The U.S. Mission in Pakistan is seeking competitive individuals to staff vacant positions by offering an attractive salary package.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Pakistan. To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Pakistan and to apply online, please visit this page: Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful:
- Job Applicant User Guide (PDF 1.5 MB)
- PowerPoint – How to create an account in ERA (Power Point 12 MB)
- ERA – Application Video Guide
Note: Urdu translation is available to view a current list of all available positions, create ERA account and apply for the jobs.
- Please click on ERA – Application Video Guide
- Click on Icon for Settings (bottom right of the video)
- Select Subtitles to search for Urdu Language and click on it
Overseas Employees will demonstrate the Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF 124KB) or characteristics essential for being a successful member of the United States Mission. Be sure to read the entire Vacancy Announcement to ensure you meet all of the Eligibility and Qualification requirements. Also be sure to have all of the documents mentioned in the Vacancy Announcement ready for uploading.
Note: Translation of the available vacancy announcements is now available in Urdu, Sindhi and Pashto languages using the Google Chrome Web browser.
- Click on vacancy announcement posted on DoS Current Vacancies – U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Pakistan (usembassy.gov)
- Right click anywhere on the vacancy announcement page and click option ”Translate to English”
- Click on three dots appearing in front of tab “English”, Choose another language” and then click “Translate”
Things To Review Before Applying:
- All applicants must upload/attach relevant supporting documents (education certificate/degree, experience letter, any license if required) along with their application while submitting application through ERA. Application without required documents will not be considered.
- If the position is opened to “Current Employees of the Mission,” then you must be an existing U.S. Mission, Pakistan employee. No TA/DA will be admissible for tests, interviews, pre-employments clearances (if selected) or relocating for joining.
- Please remember your security question answers. If you forget your ERA password, you can reset via security questions or create a new account. For details please refer to the Applicant Job Aid.
- For ERA account related queries please E-mail at PakJobs@state.gov
Vacancy Announcements (Internal only):
Vacancy announcement Islamabad-2023-07 for current employees of the Mission is available on the Embassy SharePoint and ERA Website.
Vacancy announcement Islamabad-2023-09 for current employees of the Mission is available on the Embassy SharePoint and ERA Website.