American Consulate Lahore
Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Explosion on Band Road in Lahore
August 7, 2017
According to media reports, an explosion occurred at approximately 2100 near the intersection of Band Road and Outfall Road in western Lahore. Although initial reports attributed the explosion to a truck collision with an electrical transformer or power lines, most media outlets are now reporting that the explosion may be due to the detonation of explosives in the vehicle. Early reports indicate that as many as 20 people were injured in the explosion. Structure collapses have been reported in the area.
American citizens are advised to avoid the area of the explosion. Please report any American citizens affected to the U.S. Consulate General in Lahore using the contact information below.
U.S. citizens are reminded that there is an active Travel Warning for Pakistan issued on May 22, 2017. U.S. citizens are urged to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan. The Mission reminds those U.S. citizens considering travel to or remaining in Pakistan despite this warning to:
· keep a trusted friend informed of your movements in country
· maintain vigilant situational awareness and keep a low profile
· avoid large crowds, locations frequented by Westerners, and hotels that do not apply stringent security measures
· vary your times and routes when traveling in Pakistan
· verify that travel documents, visas, and residency documents remain valid and accessible at all times
Consular services in Pakistan are available in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. The consulate in Peshawar is not providing consular services at this time.
For Further Information:
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lahore, located at 50 Shahrah-E-Abdul Hameed Bin Badees (Old Empress Road), at +92 42 3603 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 042 3603 4000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the province of Punjab south of the Jehlum River and the district of Bhakkar. See also Consulate General Lahore’s section on the Mission Pakistan webpage.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Karachi, located at Plot No. 3-5, TPX Area, Mai Kolachi Road, Karachi, at +92 21 3527 5000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 021 3527 5000.) This number is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in the provinces of Sindh and Balochistan. See also Consulate General Karachi’s section on the Mission Pakistan webpage.
· You may also contact the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, located at Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, +92 51 201 4000. (Calling within Pakistan, dial 051 201 4000.) This number also is available 24 hours a day for emergencies involving U.S. citizens in all other parts of Pakistan. See also the Embassy’s webpage.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).