Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #4 – General Update: COVID-19 Pakistan
The U.S. government-arranged flight from Pakistan to the United States on April 1 is full. If there are cancellations, the U.S. Mission in Pakistan will contact additional travelers. Priority was given to U.S. citizens most at risk for COVID-19 complications.
The Government of Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority announced the suspension of all international passenger, chartered, and private aircraft inbound flights to Pakistan. The suspension will be in effect from 8:00 p.m. Pakistan Standard Time on March 21 to April 4, 2020. Land borders remain closed.
For U.S. citizens in Pakistan, we urge you to review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
U.S. citizens in Pakistan with COVID-19 symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19 should follow their medical provider’s instructions. U.S. citizens in Pakistan are subject to Government of Pakistan and provincial government health care screening and treatment requirements.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan continues to explore other possibilities for U.S. citizens to depart Pakistan. Information for U.S. citizens in Pakistan is disseminated via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Register and check email often for any information about future flights.
We are unable to reply to individual emails because of high volume and decreased staffing, but will send daily updates via STEP.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates