Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #3 – U.S. Government Arranged Flight from Karachi and Islamabad (April 1)
As of 1700 Pakistan Standard Time, the U.S. government-arranged flight on April 1 is now full. If there are cancellations, we will contact additional travelers.
We received more requests than we could accommodate and prioritized seats for those most at risk for COVID-19 complications.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan continues to explore other possibilities for U.S. citizens to depart Pakistan. Information for U.S. citizens in Pakistan is disseminated via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Please register and check your email often.
We are unable to reply to individual emails because of high volume and decreased staffing, but will send daily updates via STEP.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates