Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 15, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #21 – Pakistan Government Extends Lockdown until April 30
On April 14, the Government of Pakistan extended the nation-wide lockdown until April 30. While certain industries will be permitted to resume limited activities, educational institutes are to remain closed, and public gatherings are not permitted.
The U.S. government is working to identify options for the many U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents still in Pakistan wishing to return to the United States.
What should you do if you still want to return to the United States?
- Complete the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM. Enter correct data, double check that data. If you have already submitted this form, do NOT resubmit. We have your information; duplicate information will delay us contacting you.
- Ensure you are enrolled in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates on flight availability. Check your email often.
- Prepare to depart on short notice with limited luggage. If we are able to offer seats, you may need to make a quick decision and depart quickly.
- Be aware that the U.S. destination of any charter or commercial options arranged by the U.S. government may not to your preferred arrival city. Travelers should be prepared to arrange their own onward travel.
- Double check your Pakistan visa (if applicable). Review information about the extension of Pakistani visas for foreign nationals in our Health Alert Update #15.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates