Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 29, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #35 – Limited PIA Flights from Pakistan to the United Kingdom
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan is aware of limited Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flights scheduled from Islamabad and Lahore to London and from Islamabad to Manchester, England, for the first two weeks in May. For U.S. citizens remaining in Pakistan who want to return to the United States, please contact PIA or your preferred travel arranger directly to inquire about outbound flights. PIA does not fly directly to the United States; however, you may be able to use these flights to connect to the United States.
U.S. citizens who still wish to depart Pakistan should continue to monitor commercial flight availability. Since March 21, the Pakistan government has permitted limited flights by both Qatar Airways and PIA. As of April 29, the U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States.
For U.S. citizens still in Pakistan, if you have not already done so, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter