May 1, 2020
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #37 – Limited Qatar Flights from Pakistan, May 3 – 10
Qatar Airways announced flights from Islamabad, Peshawar, Multan, and Karachi to Doha from May 3 -10, 2020. For U.S. citizens remaining in Pakistan who want to return to the United States, contact Qatar Airways or your preferred travel arranger directly to inquire about outbound flights. From Doha, Qatar Airways has direct flights to the United States.
For commercial options with Pakistan International Airways (PIA) please review our April 29 Health Alert Update #35.
As commercial options exist to depart Pakistan, the U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States. U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan are encouraged to use commercial flights.
For U.S. citizens still in Pakistan, if you have not already done so, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter