Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 6, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #12 Extension of Pakistani Visas for U.S. Citizens
Due to the travel disruptions caused by COVID-19, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Pakistan is exploring extending visas for U.S. citizens who have overstayed their Pakistani visas or expect to overstay their Pakistani visas because they are unable to depart the country as scheduled.
If you are a U.S. citizen whose Pakistani visa has expired, or will expire, prior to your departure from Pakistan, please send an email with VISA EXTENSION in the subject line and the details outlined below to ACSIslamabad@state.gov. Please include the information for each member of your traveling party who will need a visa extension.
Subject: VISA EXTENSION
Full name (as it appears in your passport):
Date of Birth:
Passport Expiration Date:
Pakistani visa number:
We will compile a list for the MFA in order to facilitate your eventual departure.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates