Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 13, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #20 – U.S. government charter flights from Karachi and Islamabad
Since April 3, the U.S. Mission to Pakistan has repatriated more than 1,100 private U.S. citizens and their immediate family members to the United States.
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan received thousands of requests for the three April 10-12 flights. We were unable to accommodate everyone, and seats were prioritized for those most at risk for COVID-19 based on CDC-defined guidance and Department of State guidance. While staff made more than a thousand calls, we had just as many people that we could not offer a seat to. We know that many U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents still want to return to the United States.
What should you do if you still want to return to the United States?
- Complete the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM. Enter correct data, double check that data. If you have already submitted this form, do NOT resubmit. We have your information; duplicate information will delay us contacting you.
- Ensure you are enrolled in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates on flight availability. Check your email often.
- Prepare to depart on short notice with limited luggage. If we are able to offer seats, you may need to make a quick decision and depart quickly.
- Double check your Pakistan visa (if applicable). Review information about the extension of Pakistani visas for foreign nationals in our Health Alert Update #15.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates