Health Alert – U. S. Consulate General Lahore, Pakistan (May 19, 2020)
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Event: PIA Flight from Lahore to Toronto on Wednesday, May 20
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan has recently become aware of a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight scheduled from Lahore to Toronto departing Wednesday, May 20 at 7:35 AM.
For U.S. citizens remaining in Pakistan who want to return to the United States, please contact a PIA booking office directly, use the PIA website, or call your preferred travel arranger to inquire about the flight. The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General cannot assist in making flight reservations.
United States citizens who still wish to depart Pakistan should continue to monitor commercial flight availability. Since March 21, the Pakistan government has permitted limited flights by both Qatar Airways and PIA. As of May 19, the U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States.
For U.S. citizens still in Pakistan, if you have not already done so, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates