Event: Airspace Closure in Pakistan
The Government of Pakistan has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. On March 21, the Government of Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority announced the suspension of all international passenger, chartered, and private aircraft inbound flights to Pakistan. The suspension will be in effect from 08:00 p.m. Pakistan Standard Time on March 21 to April 4, 2020. The Embassy is monitoring the situation and will communicate with U.S. citizens if any flight options become available once these restrictions go into effect.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.