Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Pakistan (March 27, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: USG-Arranged Flight on April 1 from Islamabad and Karachi to Washington Dulles Airport
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan is arranging a flight to depart Karachi and Islamabad on April 1, 2020. Please read the following information carefully:
- The flight would originate in Karachi, stop in Islamabad to pick-up additional passengers, and land at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) (near Washington, D.C.) on April 2. Onward travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the traveler.
- Cost would be approximately $1000 from Karachi and $1450 from Islamabad per person and would be paid via credit card directly to the airline before the flight.
- Travelers must make their own way to either Karachi or Islamabad airport. We are working with Pakistan authorities to try to facilitate access to the airport, but this may not be possible given movement restrictions.
- Due to space limitations, travelers in high risk categories and with serious medical conditions will be given priority for seats on the flight.
- At the airport, health screening may be conducted by Pakistani health authorities and any passengers exhibiting a fever or flu-like symptoms will be denied boarding.
- At the Washington Dulles airport, travelers will be subject to entry/exit and health requirements.
To express your interest in returning to the United States on this flight, complete this TRAVELER INTEREST FORM for every U.S. citizen traveler before 1:00 p.m., Saturday, March 28. You must complete this form even if you’ve previously submitted your information to the U.S. Embassy.
Do not call the U.S. Embassy or the Consulates General about the flight. We will contact individuals who have reserved seats on this flight with additional information. If you do not hear from us, it means the flight is full.
We are looking at the possibility of additional flights and will contact you if this is the case. Do not come to the airport unless you’ve received a confirmation from the U.S. Mission to Pakistan that you have a confirmed seat on the plane.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Travel Health Notice for Pakistan is Level 3. Upon arrival to the United States, passengers will be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements. For additional questions, visit the CDC’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates