Event: Notification of Flights on PIA and Qatar Airways
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) will likely partially restore limited flights from Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore. Qatar Airways continues to operate one flight daily from Islamabad.
Please contact PIA or Qatar Airways directly or through your preferred agent to inquire about pricing and availability of these flights, even if you had previously existing reservations. The situation is fluid and constantly changing, we encourage all U.S. citizens wanting to depart Pakistan to review commercial options.
These are not U.S. government operated or funded flights. Availability and cancellations are controlled by the airline. Onward travel to the United States may be difficult as many carriers have reduced or eliminated routes.
Travelers will be subject to entry and exit and health requirements at the plane’s arrival countries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) raised the Travel Health Notice for Pakistan to Level 3 on March 23, 2020, because of widespread and ongoing transmission of COVID-19 within the country. Upon arrival to the United States, passengers will be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements. For additional questions, visit the CDC’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates