Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #33 – Pakistan Government Extends Lockdown until May 9
On April 24, the Government of Pakistan extended the nation-wide lockdown until May 9. While certain industries will be permitted to resume limited activities, educational institutions are to remain closed, and public gatherings are not permitted.
The final U.S. government charter flights from Islamabad and Karachi are not affected by this extension. However, the flights are full, and all confirmed travelers have been notified. If you have a confirmed seat and choose not to travel, please be prepared to remain in Pakistan or utilize one of the limited commercial options to return to the United States.
For information regarding commercial options please refer to our April 24 Health Alert Update #32 for limited options with Qatar Airways or our April 5 Health Alert Update #11 for limited options with Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates