Location: Pakistan (Countrywide)
Event: The Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority announced the measures listed below for non-Pakistani citizens arriving from the United Kingdom, which will remain in effect through 11:59 PM (local time) January 4.
- Direct or indirect travel from the United Kingdom was suspended temporarily, starting December 22 at 11:59 PM, and remains in effect through 11:59 PM, January 4.
- All travelers who are in or have been in the United Kingdom over the past 10 days will not be allowed entry into Pakistan.
- Passengers transiting the United Kingdom who do not leave the terminal during the transit will be allowed to enter Pakistan.
For additional information please visit: https://covid.gov.pk/intl_travellers/current_policies
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Stay connected via state.gov and through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/travelgov).
- Exercise caution when traveling abroad due to the unpredictable nature of the pandemic.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Monitor guidance from local public health and immigration authorities.
- Visit the CDC Travelers’ Health Page and review country specific recommendations and overall guidance on international air travel.
U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444