Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 2, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #9 –Availability of Limited PIA Flights
During the period of April 1 to April 11, 2020, the Pakistani government has approved for Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to restore limited flight operations between Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore and various countries to include flights to Canada and the United Kingdom.
There are specialized flights on April 4 and 5 arranged by other diplomatic missions which are prioritizing UK and Canadian citizens, but the U.S. Mission to Pakistan confirmed with PIA that U.S. citizens may book seats, if available, on these flights by contacting PIA directly via their reservations phone line, 111-786-786 within Pakistan.
For all other flights, you may contact PIA via phone or the website (https://www.piac.com.pk/) to book outbound flights. PIA does not fly directly to the United States; however, you may be able to use them to connect to the United States.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan continues to explore other possibilities for U.S. citizens to depart Pakistan. Information for U.S. citizens in Pakistan is disseminated via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Register and check email often for any information about future flights.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter