Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #11 – Contact Information for PIA Flights for U.S. Citizens
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan continues to explore options for U.S. citizens wishing to depart Pakistan.
During the period of April 1 to April 11, 2020, the Pakistani government has approved for Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to restore limited flight operations between Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore and various countries to include flights to Canada and the United Kingdom. From Canada and the United Kingdom, U.S. citizens could then book onward travel to the United States.
We know that several U.S. citizens have utilized PIA to depart Pakistan, but we have also received information that booking travel arrangements with PIA has been difficult.
PIA has provided the following contact details for U.S. citizens:
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pakistan Standard Time (PST)
If unable to get through to either number, contact 0333 2300519 (M-Sat. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST)
PIA informed the U.S. Mission that ticket offices have been notified that U.S. citizens are permitted to book outbound flights to the United Kingdom and Canada.
For other flight options, please see recent message to U.S. citizens about the possibility of U.S. government-facilitated flights.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availablity
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates