Location: Pakistan Country-wide
Effective March 19, 2020, U.S. Mission Pakistan has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Government of Pakistan is implementing enhanced screening measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad
Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
Plot 3-5 New TPX Area, Mai Kolachi Road
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
50, Shahrah-e-Abdul Hameed Bin Badees,
(Old Empress Road) near Shimla Hill Circle,
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
11 Hospital Road, Peshawar Cantt.20
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.