Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #43 – Special PIA Flight from Islamabad to Newark, May 31
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has received special permission to operate a flight from Islamabad International Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) on May 31. This flight has been arranged by the Government of Pakistan.
U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) interested in this flight should contact PIA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and booking instructions. Please use this address (email@example.com) for any questions related to this flight as the U.S. Embassy is unable to answer specific questions about the flight or book a seat for an individual.
U.S. citizens and LPRs who want to return to the United States should consider this option as well as other commercial options like the Qatar Airways flights announced in our May 21 Health Alert Update #42.
The Government of Pakistan approved limited domestic flight operations from five major airports – Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Quetta – and passengers may be able to find a domestic flight to facilitate your departure from Pakistan.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter