Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 10, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #18 – Extension of Suspension of International Flights until April 21
The Government of Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority suspended all international passenger, chartered, and private aircraft inbound flights to Pakistan on March 21 beginning at 8:00 p.m. Pakistan Standard Time (PST). On April 9, the restrictions were extended until April 21, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (PST). Domestic flights are also suspended.
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan received thousands of requests for the April 10-12 flights. We were unable to accommodate everyone, and seats were prioritized for those most at risk for COVID-19 based on CDC-defined guidance and Department of State guidance.
For passengers confirmed on the U.S. government charters scheduled for April 10 –12, if you do not show up or decide to cancel at the last minute, please be prepared to remain in Pakistan.
For U.S. citizens still in Pakistan who want to return to the United States:
- Ensure you are enrolled in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates on flight availability. Check your email often.
- If you are in Pakistan and want to return to the United States, ensure you have completed the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM. If you have already submitted this form, do NOT resubmit. We have your information; duplicate information will delay us contacting you.
- If we can offer additional charter flights, U.S. citizens should be prepared to depart on short notice and with limited baggage. If we are able to offer you a seat on a U.S. government charter flight, and you decline, please be prepared to remain in Pakistan indefinitely.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates