Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 16, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #22 –Announcement of Additional U.S. Government Charter Flights to Washington Dulles (IAD)
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan has arranged for additional charter flights to depart Karachi and Islamabad to Washington Dulles (IAD) next week. These flights are for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents who have been unable to return to the United States because of suspension of international flights from Pakistan. We are unable to offer flights from Lahore, so U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents currently in Punjab should plan to travel to either Islamabad or Karachi for a flight.
Over the next several days, we will be contacting people who completed our Traveler Interest Form to confirm seats (if you have not completed this form, please see below). We need to speak to you directly, so monitor your phone and pick up. If we contact you to offer a seat and you decline, please be prepared to remain in Pakistan indefinitely.
Please read the following information carefully:
- These flights are not free. Travelers are required to sign an “Evacuee Manifest and Promissory Note” which will be provided once we confirm your seat. By completing and signing this form, the traveler is agreeing to be added to the official flight manifest as well as agreeing to reimburse the U.S. government for costs associated with the flight.
- Cost would be approximately $1000 from Karachi and $1450 from Islamabad per person.
- Travelers must make their own way to either Karachi or Islamabad airport. We are working with Pakistan authorities to try to facilitate access to the airport, but this may not be possible given movement restrictions.
- At the Washington Dulles (IAD) airport, travelers will be subject to entry/exit and health requirements.
- At the airport, health screening may be conducted by Pakistani health authorities and any passengers exhibiting a fever or flu-like symptoms will be denied boarding.
- Full details of the flight will be provided via email once you have a confirmed seat.
- Please note this is a CHARTER flight arranged by the U.S. government to repatriate U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents to the United States. It is not a commercial flight.
If you are in Pakistan and want to return to the United States, ensure you have completed the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM. If you have already submitted this form, do NOT resubmit. We have your information; duplicate information will delay us contacting you. Please read the directions carefully as incorrect data will prevent from being able to schedule you for a flight.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter