Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #24 – Extension of Suspension of International Flights until April 30
On April 18, the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority extended the suspension of international and domestic flights until April 30, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (PST).
For passengers confirmed on the U.S. government charters scheduled for next week from Karachi and Islamabad, your flights will still operate as scheduled. We are working with the Pakistan government to operate these special flights during the period of continued suspension of international inbound flights.
For information about the U.S. government charter flights from Islamabad and Karachi, please review our April 17 Health Alert Update #23.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates