Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #26 – Seats Still Available on U.S. Government Charter Flights IAD
As of 1:00 p.m. (PST), the U.S. Mission to Pakistan continues to call U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents to confirm seats on upcoming U.S government charter flights departing Karachi and Islamabad to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) the week of April 20. We have already spoken to hundreds of travelers today but will continue to contact those that completed the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM to ensure every seat is full.
What are the most important things you can do while you wait for our call?
- Monitor your phone. We need to speak to at least one traveler in each family group in order to check details and confirm seat reservations. So, make sure your phone is on, monitor it, and be prepared to answer it.
- Decide today if you want to depart Pakistan. On April 18 the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority extended the suspension of international flights through April 30. These flights will be the final flights arranged by the U.S. government out of Pakistan. If you completed a form, decide now whether you want to return to the United States, so you are ready when we call you. If we contact you, and you decline the seat, please understand this may mean you will remain in Pakistan until commercial flight options become available.
- Review our April 18 Health Alert Update #25 to find the answers to many of your questions.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates