Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 23, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #30 – Limited Seats Remain on the U.S. Government Charter Flights from Islamabad and Karachi
There are limited seats remaining on the U.S. government charter flights scheduled for this weekend from Karachi and Islamabad. The U.S. Mission to Pakistan continues to call U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents who completed the TRAVELER INTEREST FORM to confirm seats. We have been unable to reach some people as their cell phone is turned off. Monitor your phone and answer it if you want to travel. Remember we must speak with one member of the traveling party by telephone. Only confirmed passengers will be permitted to board the flights.
For passengers confirmed on flights this week from Islamabad and Karachi:
- Once confirmed on a flight we are unable to schedule you for a different flight.
- Each passenger occupying a seat is permitted two checked bags, each bag cannot way more than 23 kgs each.
- After your seat was confirmed by phone, you should have received an email confirmation with details of the flight. Review all attachments. Email confirmations are not immediate and could take up to 48 hours to be received.
- Complete the DS-5528 “Evacuee Manifest and Promissory Note” before arriving to the airport. This is an attachment in your email confirmation.
- If you must cancel your seat on your flight, please give the Embassy as much notice as possible so we can offer the seat to someone else. Send an email to ACSIslamabad@state.gov to inform us as soon as possible so we can offer your seat to someone who wants to return to the United States. In the Subject Line, put “Cancelation Request.”
- If you cancel your seat, please understand that this may mean that you will remain in Pakistan until commercial flight options become available.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates