Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (April 30, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #36 – Extension of Pakistani Visas until June 30
This message updates our April 7 (update #15) message to U.S. citizens.
Due to the travel disruptions caused by COVID-19, foreign nationals currently in Pakistan (to include U.S. citizens) whose Pakistani visa expired after March 15, 2020, have been granted an automatic visa extension until June 30, 2020, per Pakistan’s Ministry of Interior.
For U.S. citizens currently in Pakistan whose visa expired before March 15, 2020, the U.S. Embassy or Consulates General are unable to assist in extending your visa. For information about extensions, please contact:
Section Officer (Visas)
Ministry of Interior
Pakistan Secretariat, ‘R’ Block
More information is available at the Government of Pakistan Directorate General of Immigration and Passports website http://www.dgip.gov.pk/
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Pakistan.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates