Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (May 5, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #38 – Limited Commercial Air Options to Depart Pakistan
As of 11:30 a.m. Pakistan Standard Time, the websites for Qatar Airways and Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) showed limited remaining seats on commercial flights departing Pakistan through May 10. These flights are arranged solely by the airlines and are not associated with the U.S. government. The U.S. Mission to Pakistan cannot assist in booking these flights, and seats must be booked directly with the airline or your preferred travel arranger.
Qatar Airways (very limited seats remaining):
May 8, 2020 QR 603 Peshawar to Doha
May 8, 2020 OR 609 Multan to Doha
May 10, 2020 QR 607 Karachi to Doha
PIA (very limited seats remaining):
May 7, 2020 PK 785 Lahore to London Heathrow
There are no flights scheduled from Islamabad.
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States. U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan are encouraged to continue to monitor commercial flights.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates