Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (May 9, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #40 – Commercial Air Options, May 13-19
Qatar Airways announced four commercial flights departing Pakistan through May 19. These flights are arranged solely by Qatar Airways and are not associated with the U.S. government. The U.S. Mission to Pakistan cannot assist in booking these flights, and seats must be booked directly with the airline or your preferred travel arranger. You will need to make arrangements from Doha to your final U.S. destination.
The following flights are available for booking with Qatar Airways:
May 13 QR 633 Islamabad to Doha
May 15 QR 601 Peshawar to Doha
May 19 QR 617 Multan to Doha
May 19 QR 605 Karachi to Doha
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States. U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan are encouraged to consider these commercial flights.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates