Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (May 15, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #41 – Suspension of International Flights until May 31
On May 15, the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority extended the suspension of international flights until May 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (Pakistan Standard Time).
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not currently have plans to arrange additional charter flights to the United States.
United States citizens who still wish to depart Pakistan should continue to monitor flight availability and explore commercial flight options as they become available. Please see our May 9 Health Alert Update #40 for the most recent update on commercial flight options.
For U.S. citizens still in Pakistan, if you have not already done so, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Stay healthy! Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpageon COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates