Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Islamabad
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #42 – Commercial Air Options, May 27 and 28
Qatar Airways announced three commercial flights departing Pakistan to Doha (Hamad International Airport) on May 27 and 28 with onward service available to points in the United States. These flights are arranged solely by Qatar Airways and are not associated with the U.S. government. The U.S. Mission to Pakistan cannot assist in booking these flights, and seats must be booked directly with the airline or your preferred travel arranger.
The following flights are available for booking with Qatar Airways:
May 27 QR 633 Islamabad to Doha
May 27 QR 601 Multan to Doha
May 28 QR 633 Islamabad to Doha
Hamad International Airport (HIA) remains open for transit flights. U.S. citizens transiting HIA must have an onward flight departing less than 24 hours after their arrival to Doha and are not permitted to enter Qatar.
The Government of Pakistan approved limited domestic flight operations from five major airports – Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Quetta. If you wish to take advantage of one of the Qatar Airways flights, but are not located in Islamabad or Multan, you may be able to find a domestic flight to facilitate your departure.
The U.S. Mission to Pakistan does not have plans to arrange additional U.S. government charter flights to the United States. U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan are encouraged to consider these commercial flights or continue to monitor flight availability as additional flights may become available.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s latest recommendationsto reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates