Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #44 – Outbound International Flights Resume
The Government of Pakistan will permit commercial outbound passenger flights from all international airports except Gwadar and Turbat effective May 30. Inbound passenger flights remain suspended.
Qatar Airways announced regular flights from Islamabad, Peshawar, Lahore, and Karachi effective May 31 to Doha (Hamad International Airport) with onward service available to points in the United States. Other commercial carriers are expected to announce outbound commercial service, as well.
United States citizens who want to depart Pakistan should utilize commercial options. The U.S. Mission to Pakistan cannot assist in booking these flights, and seats must be booked directly with the airline or your preferred travel arranger.
For U.S. citizens who choose to remain in Pakistan, stay healthy! Transmission rates continue to increase across Pakistan, and we urge you to review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates