Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #47- Extension of Pakistani Visas until August 31
This message updates our April 30 (Update #36) message to U.S. citizens.
Due to the travel disruptions caused by COVID-19, foreign nationals currently in Pakistan (to include U.S. citizens) whose Pakistani visa expired after March 15, 2020, have been granted an automatic visa extension until August 31, 2020, per Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan, please review our June 15 (Update #46) message to U.S. citizens detailing commercial flight options.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Stay healthy! Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
- Visit the Department of State’s COVID-19 information page for the latest information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates