Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan (June 22, 2020)
Location: Pakistan (country-wide)
Event: Update #48 – Authorization of International Flights
The Government of Pakistan has authorized the resumption of international flight options to/from all international airports in Pakistan except Gwadar and Turbat airports effective June 20. The Department of State has a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel recommendation in effect. U.S. citizens are encouraged to avoid travel to an international destination outside of the United States at this time.
For U.S. citizens who want to depart Pakistan, please review our June 15 (Update #46) message to U.S. citizens detailing commercial flight options. We expect that the situation will be constantly changing. Consult your travel agent or the airlines’ websites for flight availability.
For U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents traveling with a U.S. visa holder, please review information about U.S. restrictions related to the COVID-19 global pandemic for flights that transit through certain countries and for entry of certain immigrant visa categories into the United States.
For U.S. citizens who choose to remain in Pakistan, stay healthy! Transmission rates continue to increase across Pakistan, and we urge you to review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive future alerts and updates.
- Stay healthy! Review the CDC’s latest recommendations to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- Monitor flight availability.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Review the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19 for Pakistan specific information.
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates