Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Event: Traffic Disruptions Due to Political Rally and Possible Demonstrations
Traffic disruptions are likely to occur throughout Lahore this afternoon, Friday, October 20, and Saturday, October 21, due to planned demonstrations and political rallies. The Consulate is authorizing remote work for most staff Friday afternoon, October 20, but remains open. Some U.S. mission personnel movements will be restricted or altered. We encourage U.S. citizens to limit unnecessary travel on October 20-21, as well as to avoid large gatherings and always remain vigilant of their surroundings.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas of large public gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Carry identification and cooperate with police.
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
Contact: Lahore or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
Contact: Islamabad or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
Contact: Karachi or scan the QR code to access it from your phone.
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates