The ability of U.S. embassies and consulates to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens continues to be limited. As U.S. embassies and consulates reopen their services to the public in a phased and safe approach during COVID-19, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and U.S. Consulates General in Lahore and Karachi will resume limited in-person passport appointments and notarial services beginning on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Appointments will be scheduled based on prioritized service needs including:
- Children who have yet to be documented for the first time as U.S. citizens.
- U.S. citizens who are traveling outside of Pakistan within six weeks and must renew their passports before travel.
- U.S. citizens who do not have travel plans, but for documentation purposes need to renew their expired passports or who have passports that will expire within six weeks.
- Parents of U.S. citizen minors who are providing written and notarized authorization to renew or apply for their child’s passport (DS-3053 Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. passport to a Minor Under Age 16).
- Emergency notarial services.
If you are seeking services in one of the categories mentioned, above please contact the appropriate section listed below to schedule an appointment. You may be asked to provide additional documentation to confirm the appointment.
Actions to take:
To request an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad:
- Send an email to ACSIslamabad@state.gov with your name, contact information, and specific situation/service requested.
To request an appointment at the U.S. Consulate General in Karachi:
- Use the Consulate’s online appointment system.
To request an appointment at the U.S. Consulate General in Lahore:
- Send an email to ACSLahore@state.gov with your name, contact information, and specific situation/service requested.
Applicants must follow all safety precautions, including wearing a mask, social-distancing, and presenting themselves on-time to their scheduled appointment. Please review the Embassy website at https://pk.usembassy.gov/
U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92)(42) 3603 4000
U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92)(91) 526 8800
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates