Welcome to the Passport Services!
- Please note that you must schedule an online appointment for passport services, We are open for appointment only on weekdays.
- Before making an online appointment please read following instructions and FAQs carefully
Pakistan Specific FAQs
Can I mail in the passport application or apply online while applying in Pakistan?
Unfortunately we do not offer this service in Pakistan at the moment. All applicants must come in person to submit the passport application.
Do I have to make an appointment to apply at U.S. Embassy or Consulates in Pakistan?
All applicants must schedule a passport appointment to submit the application.
What do i need to bring to my child’s passport appointment?
- Completed DS-11 application form. Please do not sign!
- 2 photographs of the applicant taken within the last 6 months (2 inch by 2 inch) on a white background without glasses. We cannot accept photos that are the incorrect size.
- Children under the age of 16 require both parents/legal guardians to come in person to the Consulate. If one parent cannot visit the Consulate he/she must submit an original signed and notarized Statement of Consent (DS-3053). The notary must come from the U.S Consulate General in Karachi, a notary located in the United States, or U.S. diplomatic mission in another country. The document is valid for 90 days after the date of signature.
What do i need to bring to my CRBA appointment?
- Completed DS-2029 application form. Please do not sign! Please ensure the DS-2029 lists the U.S. citizen’s complete travel history to document the time they have spent in the United States.
- Original and two copies of hospital birth certificate.
- Original and two copies of child’s birth certificate.
- Original and one copy of parents’ marriage certificate.
- Original passports of both parents and two copies of the passports’ bio pages.
- Original and copy of divorce decrees from any previous marriages, if applicable.
- Proof of U.S. citizen parent’s physical presence in the United States– Acceptable documentary proof can include current or prior passports with entry and exit stamps, school/college transcripts, employment records, utility bills in the name of the parent, military records, etc. Please note that the consular officer may ask for additional evidence at the time of interview.
- Fee of $215 or equivalent in Pakistani Rupees (check with the American Citizen Services unit about the exchange rate before coming for the appointment.)
The above checklist is general guidance. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be asked to submit additional documentation.
Will my and my child’s passports be mailed back to my mailing address in Pakistan?
Unfortunately we do not offer this service in Pakistan at the moment. All applicants must come in person to collect the passport application.
Can I pay for my and/or my child’s passports through checks or online?
No. We only accept payment in cash (Dollar/Pak Rupees) OR credit card.
Can I request expedited service in order to get my passport quicker?
Expedited service is not available in Pakistan. Applicants should expect at least 10 business days for processing, plus allowing time for delivery, in order to pick up their passport. We will notify you when your passport is ready to be picked up.
Did your question not get answered?