Supporting Documents

You will need to bring the following:

  • Your child’s most recent U.S. passport
  • Two U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photographs.  See photograph requirements for information on the correct size.  Photographs which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.    
  • If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, Family photographs should be submitted to establish the development of minor children, especially if their last U.S. passport was issued during infancy. These photos should range from the age at which their previous passport was issued to their current age.
  • Proof of Parentage:  Your child’s original U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the parent’s name(s); Certified foreign birth certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary).
  • Government issued photo I.D of parents (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving license or military I.D);
  • Fees: Fee is payable in cash or by credit card.
  • DS-11 passport form (PDF 100 KB). Complete the form online and print.  Do not sign it.  You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.  

The presence of the child is required together with both parents.  If one parent is unable to attend, please click here for additional information.