March 8, 2021
Event: International Women’s Day is celebrated worldwide on March 8. In previous years, rallies have occurred throughout Pakistan on International Women’s Day with some reports of violent incidents. The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that large gatherings and rallies can result in traffic delays, street closures, and cell phone disruptions.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Pakistan Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter