Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Event: On Friday, May 31, 2019, Al-Quds Day rallies are expected in the city of Islamabad after the conclusion of afternoon prayers (approximately 14:00 hours). In the past, participants in Al-Quds Day rallies have chanted anti-Israeli and anti-American slogans and burned the flags of both countries. An increased police presence is anticipated throughout the capital and in the vicinity of the scheduled rally routes. U.S. Mission personnel have been instructed to avoid these rallies.
One rally will start from the Imam Bargah in G-6/2, and will conclude at Saudi-Pak tower on Jinnah Avenue. Another will start from Aabpara intersection, pass through Ataturk Avenue. Avenue and end at NADRA intersection.
Embassy Operations: Embassy operations are normal.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the rallies.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter