Event: The U.S. Consulate General in Karachi has received information suggesting potential drone-related threats against the U.S. Consulate General or other diplomatic or government buildings in or around Karachi. As a result of general threat reporting in May, local government officials banned all types of drones in southern Karachi. This ban remains in effect through mid-July 2022.
During this time, U.S. government personnel in Karachi are required to seek shelter and notify Consulate security personnel if they see a drone in the vicinity of the U.S. Consulate General.
Actions to Take:
• Consider following the above guidance.
• Avoid large crowds.
• Maintain a low profile.
• Be aware of your surroundings. • Carry your mobile phone.
• Review your personal security.
• Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of a large gathering and/or demonstration.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General, Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General, Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate General, Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter