Location: At and near Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, as well as some main roads leading to and from that area.
Event: Pakistan Super League cricket matches will be held at Gaddafi Stadium on March 20 and 21, 2018. Local officials expect heavy traffic in and around Gaddafi Stadium, and have communicated various road closures, including Mall Road from Club Chowk to Faisal Chowk, Gulberg Main Boulevard from Jail Road to Ferozepur Road, Jail Road (partial closures), and Ferozepur Road from Muslim Town to Kalma Chowk. Other roads will remain open but will likely experience heavy traffic and congestion, including Queens Road, Fane Road, LCCI Road, Sundar Das Road, Allama Iqbal Road, Syed Maratab Ali Road, Garden Town Main Boulevard, and Edgerton Road.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid Gaddafi Stadium, as well as the above-mentioned roads subject to closure or heavy traffic.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa, or NICOP.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter