Location: Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Jail Road, Shadman Area, Lahore, Pakistan
Event: Protests by lawyers at the Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) have turned violent. The protests and police response are causing major traffic disruptions. The Consulate recommends avoiding Jail Road and Mall Road in the vicinity of PIC.
The lawyers groups involved in the protests have indicated they will continue the protests tomorrow.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa or NICOP.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) t to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter