Location: Lahore Press Club (Shimla Hill Circle) Lahore, Pakistan
Event: Today, at approximately at 1600, Majlis Wahdat Ul Muslimeen is expected to protest at the Lahore Press Club near Shimla Hill Circle. This protest is against the killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani in Iraq.
The protest may cause traffic delays, unplanned transportation disruptions, and increased police presence has been deployed. Cellular service in the city may be interrupted during this period.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to the U.S. Consulate General Lahore and the surrounding area of Shimla Hill Circle.
- Avoid the protests route, as well as surrounding areas subject to closure or heavy traffic.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa, or NICOP.
- U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan
- U.S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- U.S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- U.S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Pakistan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter