Location: Gaddafi Stadium and surrounding areas, Lahore, Pakistan
Event: Cricket matches between the Pakistani and Sri Lankan national teams will take place at Gaddafi Stadium on October 5, 7, and 9, 2019. The events will result in widespread, significant traffic disruptions, including in the area of the U.S. Consulate General, caused by blocked streets, security checkpoints, and a potential influx of fans wanting to see the matches.
U.S. government personnel are advised to limit their movements in the city during this period.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the Gaddafi stadium area, as well as surrounding roads subject to closure or heavy traffic.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Pakistani visa, or NICOP.
- S. Consulate General Karachi
+(92)(21) 3527 5000
- S. Consulate General Lahore
+(92) (42) 3603 4000
- S. Consulate Peshawar
+(92) (91) 526 8800
- State Department– Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates